CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May - 14 Wild, Wild London




Today was great. And once again, computer problems so please excuse the typos. I am using my teacher's computer and I want to hurry while using it.



We got to sleep in today, I didn't get up until 11:00 am. It felt great, although I am still jet-lagging. It's weird, I feel dizzy and sorta out of wack. I hope I will get used to this soon.



First we went to the London Museum. It was really cool. It basically was the history of London and had a lot of amazing artifacts. I got to see some suits of armor, coffins, and even Henry VIII's bed! That was pretty sweet. They were pretty short back then...



Outside of the museum was an actual wall the Roman's built. I took a ton of pictures. The wall was gorgeous, you could tell it is thousand's of years old. My favorite part about it (and for all of London basically) is the contrast between buildings. That roman wall was in the center of all these new, very modern looking office buildings. Gorgeous contrast.



Next we went to Bartholomew's Hospital. For those of you who don't know, it is the oldest running hospital in the history of the world. It was also the place that mainly took care of people durng the Black Plague.



Some of the instruments they used for operation are so scary looking. Thank goodness for modern medicine!



Next we went to St. Paul's Cathedral for Evensong (evening worship). No offence, but the Catholic religion is really sorta weird in some aspects. It was truly amazing though! An all men's choir sang during the sermon. They gave me goosebumps. The little boys were so cute too.

It is simply breath taking in their as well. Unfortunately they do not allow you to take pictures, so I reccommend you to google what it looks ike inside. Every corner has a marble statue, and every inch of the ceiling was painted in gorgeous murals. The stained-glass windows illuminated off the walls and made the whole place sparkle. It was magical, I wish you could have been there to see it with me.



The men here are divine too. Most have good teeth, but they definitely are not white. What makes them so gorgeous is how gentlemanly they are. And their clothes... oh man! Every grungy, American man needs to come over here and take a lesson from a british man. Then perhaps they would have better success with girls! ;)



Four of the girls in our group will not do anything with the rest of us. I am getting really annoyed with them. Whatever we do they only sit there and complain, and every chance they get they run off. I'm alright because Hillary, Kim, Jana, Jessica, Nykole, and I have a blast together. I just hate how some people are so stuck up and are so closed minded. I want to smack them upside the head.



Alright, sleeping now. Please leave me some loving, I need it. I am starting to get homesick. And girls! My lovely sisters! Leave me some comments, I want to hear from you!



Loves

1 comments:

batty brit said...

Hey baby girl - watch out!!! Those lovely dressed men with the not so white teeth consider you to be far behind them in the evolution cycle. An American man is prepared to treat you closer to an equal than the majority of Englishmen. 'Clothes maketh the man' does not always work. Glad you are having a good time but how dare you be homesick?! Your reactions to things make me laugh. you just need to get out of the city now and see how the other half lives. I love reading all you comments, it make ME homesick!!! TTFN Fiona