CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 21-22 – Bubba, Wicked, and Mac & Cheese


Picture 1 = Nyki and I at Piccadilly Circus (looking like a posh londoner)
Picture 2 = Changing of the Guard

Alright, we are going to roll 2 days into one since I was out late last night an too tired to write anything about it.

May 21 –

In the morning, we rushed over to Buckingham Palace to watch the changing of the guard. It was cool-ish. Lots of whistles, lots of music, lots of marching… I honestly didn’t get to see much. After the entire ceremony (that lasted 45 minutes), the guards did march out of the palace gates right past me. I got some cool recordings of that.

After that we were pretty much free for the day. All the rest of the girls decided to use a day on their BritRail passes and go out to Windsor Castle. I really wanted to go with them, but I have to save my days so I can get up to Hudds. I was disappointed, but that will just give me an excuse to come back to England one day!

Instead Nykole and I decided to go to Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Circus. We needed to find her a warm coat for our trip to Scotland this weekend. It’s still in winter-like temperatures up there. We went to a store called Lillywhites. It’s basically their version of Cabellas or Dicks. We found her the cutest wool peacoat for only 18 pounds! I also found myself a soccer jersey for 16 pounds. I was so excited for it!

After that we walked around the streets for a bit. This is a really posh part of London, so we made sure we dressed like the Europeans to fit in.

After that Nykole and I went back to the hostel and made us a dinner of chicken and veggie stir-fry. It was delicious. Most of the people staying here were going to the Pub to watch a footie match, and they wanted Nykole and me to come. When we both told them we don’t drink they laughed at us and walked away, saying we were crazy. My heart bleeds for the people here. All they do is party all night and bum off in the hostel all day. What kind of life is that? Now we are known as the “Team Boring America”. I was a little bugged by that at first, but I have come to realize that it’s me who is better in the long run. I am just so glad my lifestyle isn’t like theirs.

After our lovely dinner, me and Nyki got all (as we call it) “vogue-d up” for Wicked. We put on our dresses we bought earlier, did out hair and makeup all cute, accessorized European style, took “vogue” pictures of us, and headed off for the theatre to meet our group.

Oh… my… goodness… WICKED IS AMAZING!! The costumes were brilliant, the actors were awesome… I want to go back. We had really good seats tool. We were about 6 rows from the front. It was perfect, I saw everything.

The other girls looked at Nyki and I weird at first for getting dressed up, but once we got inside the theatre and they realized everyone was dressed nicely, they felt uncomfortable. Also 2 of the girls (the ones that are always complaining) were being really immature the entire play. All they did was talk about how the hate plays; this was a waste of money, blah blah blah… They wouldn’t even clap or anything. So immature. I was really bugged by that. Why are some people so closed minded like that? I wish I could take them by the neck and knock some sense into them.

One of the most important things I am beginning to learn out here is that everyone has their own rhythms and opinions. And in order for you to keep your own rhythm, you must consider everyone else’s. I know those girls might not like theatre, but they could have at least been more mature about it all. They ARE 25 after all, you’d think they weren’t so stupid.

May 22-

Today we went to the National Gallery, National Portrait Museum, and British Museum. They were really neat and I loved looking at all the Kings and Queens, but I am really starting to get museum-ed out. I am so tired physically as well and I am getting to the point of being a zombie. I can’t enjoy museums anymore. I just wander through them mindlessly.

I did get a cute children’s book today at the National Gallery. It’s a story of 2 children walking around the sights of London. I can show my kids one day.

I am going to Scotland this weekend and leaving at 7am tomorrow morning. I won’t be able to have my computer once again, so you will get another big update on Monday-ish.

I can’t believe this trip is almost half-way over already. I am so sad; I don’t want to leave London. (But I DO want my bed and shower though…)

I love all the girls that are in my room. We are all getting to be close friends. We always have a hoot in our room together. We decided we are going to make a movie and re-create some of the funniest things that have happened to us here. I hope we will really get the chance to do it. We also made up nicknames for each other.

Corissa = Bubba
Janna = Bubba Junior
Jessica = Wendy Darling (aka always-hit-my-head-on-the-lamp)
Kim = Diva
Hilary = Jester
Nykole = Repunzel (she has really, really, really long hair)

We are just so cool.

Some funny inside jokes to remember:

~I hope V8 will sponsor a vegetable!
~White people taste like Mac & Cheese!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I haven't been leaving comments because we have been i'ming so much, but I L-O-V-E your blog! I want to see more pictures! Can you e-mail some to us? I am so glad you liked Wicked! It is amazing, I told you. Hey, time is going so fast, but you are making memories that will last forever. Eat protein and sleep -- words of a MOM that loves you!

Anonymous said...

hey hey! glad you had a good time at WICKED! whats it about anyways? sorry. not an expert. glad you're still havin the time of your life!

Clive said...

Oh my little sweet pea what more can I say. I am so happy for you. It brings tears to my eyes that I no longer have a little girl to watch after but a woman who is on her own. Part of me just can’t let go. Time is going fast make the best of it I proud you are keeping your standards and not afraid to be cultured. Becca was asked a question the other day at school, “Who would you like to have lunch with?” Her response, “William Shakespeare, C.S.Lewis and Albert Einstein.” The other girls laughed at her and most of them didn’t know who they where. I am thrilled my girls have a love for the finer thing of the world. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Oh great… I am starting to cry again. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Your Globe Trottin' Granny is keeping up with your travels too. I am so happy you're getting to see all that cool stuff at your tender age. LUV U